This week's recipe is crispy spring roll cups with chili-lime shrimp.
12 cherry tomatoes
100 ml + 2 tbsp oil
2 red chilis
100 ml coconut flakes
5 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste
250 g sour cream
50 g arugula (one large handful, washed)
- Spread out spring roll wrappers and lightly brush with oil.
- Fold wrappers in half twice to make smaller squares.
- Press dough into muffin forms to create a cup shape.
- Bake 172°C/345°F approximately 10 minutes until light golden and crispy.
- Blend chili with seeds, lime juice, 100 ml oil, garlic and coconut together until smooth. Add a bit more oil if it becomes too thick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and adjust heat and sourness levels to personal taste.
- Coat shrimp with HALF of the mixture.
- Bake shrimp at 200°C/390°F approximately 7-10 minutes until just pink and firm or grill on skewers approximately 7 minutes.
- Mix the remaining half of marinade with sour cream for sauce. Spoon into cups.
- Rinse tomatoes and spread out in an oven-proof pan.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake tomatoes at 200°C/390°F until they begin to shrivel and release their juices.
Remember to like and share this recipe, and leave a comment below to tell me what you think. I love to hear from you! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as QuiteChefy.
Until next time, stay chefy!