Romkugler aka Rum Balls
How to make Romkugler/Danish Rum Balls
4 tablespoons raspberry jam (or what you have on hand)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
100 g melted chocolate (milk or dark)
2 tbsp rum essence
1.5 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
1 tbsp cream
sprinkles of choice or flaked coconut
- Break up cake and place in a stand mixer with paddle attachment or food processor.
- Blend to crumbs.
- Mix in vanilla, jam, rum essence and cocoa powder.
- Finely chop chocolate, and melt over water bath.
- Mix melted chocolate and cream into cake until a dough forms, and you can roll it in your hands.
- Form dough into balls and roll in sprinkles or coconut flakes. Store in fridge.
I hope you enjoyed seeing this Danish recipe. If you have suggestions for other recipes you'd like to see, feel free to comment below or write to me here. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as QuiteChefy.