So taunted the Gingerbread Man as he ran away from his many pursuers. That's right, it's cookie time! I'm getting into the holiday spirit with freshly baked gingerbread cookies! These cookies blend a heavenly combination of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg with just a hint of vanilla that not only tastes fantastic, but gives off a warm Christmas-y fragrance in the kitchen that will have everyone drooling.
What you'll need
What to do
- Mix flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add syrup or molasses and egg, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture into wet mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll dough into a ball, and press flat into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in fridge at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Roll dough out to approximately ½ cm thick.
- Cut dough into desired shapes and place on parchment paper.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- Allow cookies to sit for a minute on baking sheet, then move to wire cooling rack.
- Eat as is or decorate as desired.
I have some new, exciting posts coming up in the near future, so check back often, and invite your friends!
Until next time, lovelies, stay warm, and stay Chefy!